Travel World China | Date 2022-06-20
Whether you are just getting started in the Chinese market or if you want to improve your existing efforts, this platform overview is a must for anyone interested in harnessing the power of WeChat.
WeChat is the most popular social media platform in China. It is nicknamed China’s “super app” because of its extensive range of functions. On WeChat, you can message friends, share photos, order takeaways, book tickets, book holidays, shop online, order professional services, leave business reviews, donate to charities, pay utility bills – and that barely scratches the surface.
Number of users: Over 1.2 billion monthly active users.
User demographics (gender):
Male: 53% - Female: 47%
User demographics (age):
- Under 24: 33% of WeChat users
- 25 to 30: 25%
- 31 to 35: 14%
- 36 to 40: 9%
- Over 41: 19%
Average length of time to set up an account:
- For a domestic account: 3 weeks
- For an overseas account: 2 to 3 months
Domestic vs. overseas accounts
Who is eligible?
Chinese companies with a Chinese business licence.
WeChat advertising, WeChat Pay, WeChat Store, WeChat mini-programs, customer service, page templates, voting management, copyright protection, device connection, autoreply chatbot, segmented postings, e-invoices.
Who is eligible?
Companies registered in other countries without a Chinese business licence.
WeChat advertising, WeChat mini-programs, customer service, voting management, autoreply chatbot, e-invoices.
How to get the most out of WeChat
- Set up a WeChat official account for your brand. Think of this as akin to your official website in China. Develop a WeChat mini-program (an app that works within WeChat) to provide a better user experience. Use live streaming to encourage user engagement and sales.
- Use WeChat channels (WeChat’s video sharing feature) for video content promotion and to release information live. Use the autoreply chatbot feature to provide instant customer service (FAQs). Use WeChat advertising to boost your campaigns.
Requirements to set up a WeChat account
- Chinese business licence
- Local phone number
- National ID card
- Local bank account
- Foreign business licence
- Foreign phone number
- Foreign passport or driving licence of the account administrator
- Bank account details
Interested in our service or wish to learn more about WeChat?
Get in touch today!